[Tagging] [How to tag a] Depot for sand, earth, and other bulk materials

Peter Elderson pelderson at gmail.com
Tue May 18 15:08:14 UTC 2021

Jonathon Rossi <jono at jonorossi.com>:

> On Tue, May 18, 2021 at 8:55 PM Peter Elderson <pelderson at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Many municipalities have a terrain designated for storage of sand, earth,
>> clay, cleaned or to-be-cleaned soil, and other bulk materials for building
>> and landscaping projects. Not for a particular project, but for all
>> municipal projects involving bulk materials going in and going out.
>>
>> How to tag?
>>

> I've been using landuse=stockpile. We had a similar discussion on the
> talk-au list last year and appeared to settle on
> landuse=stockpile + resource=*.
>
> https://www.mail-archive.com/talk-au@openstreetmap.org/msg13031.html
> https://www.mail-archive.com/talk-au@openstreetmap.org/msg13037.html
>
> Thanks!
Let me think....
It's not one resource, I count ca 15 piles, some are clearly different,
others look the same but I can't be sure. It's not the material I am
interested in, it's the facility.

My understanding of stockpile is that it means like a reserve of some
material you keep in case a shortage develops. Like salt for icy roads.
This appears to be an active site for exchanging all kinds of materials.
Like sand from the river bed to be reused for all repavement jobs in the
municipality, that kind of thing.

Peter Elderson