[Tagging] Swimming pool lanes

Minh Nguyen minh at nguyen.cincinnati.oh.us
Thu May 20 08:17:38 UTC 2021

Vào lúc 22:35 2021-05-19, Seth Deegan đã viết:
>     More practically speaking, is anyone aware of pools that have a
>     different number of lanes on either side of a bulkhead? If that happens,
>     I assume the lanes would be marked only by rope floats and not lines
>     painted onto the bottom, since a bulkhead can be moveable.
>

> Ya, they're quite oftenly marked on the bottom of the pool:
> https://www.google.com/maps/@42.0928971,-88.056048,91m/data=!3m1!1e3
> <https://www.google.com/maps/@42.0928971,-88.056048,91m/data=!3m1!1e3>

There's no bulkhead in that case, but you do bring up a good point that
a different number of lanes can be marked in multiple directions, to be
used at different times. It's analogous to how a single basketball court
might have six hoops on all sides, but in this case, a single lane count
could be misleading, no matter what we call the key. I suppose it would
be an opportunity for the micromapping that bkil envisions.

minh at nguyen.cincinnati.oh.us