[Tagging] which wiki template for keys?

Minh Nguyen minh at nguyen.cincinnati.oh.us
Fri May 21 03:24:39 UTC 2021

Vào lúc 16:48 2021-05-20, Martin Koppenhoefer đã viết:
> Some time ago I noticed people starting to change the key templates on wiki pages from {{key|example}} to {{tag|example}} (which displays just the same, the tag template is capable of working like the key template as well).
>
> Recently I noticed people reformatting key references the other way round, from tag to key.
>
> Which variant is preferable? Does it matter and why?

There's only one template:
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Template:Key> redirects to
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Template:Tag>. Personally, I've
developed a muscle memory for always using {{tag}} in either case, just
for simplicity, but it really doesn't matter. Some Wikimedia wikis have
deployed bots to automatically replace links to redirects (to templates
and articles alike), but it's of such marginal benefit that those
resources could be spent elsewhere.

minh at nguyen.cincinnati.oh.us