[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Approved - Shop as post-partner

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Sat May 22 07:41:32 UTC 2021

May 22, 2021, 01:43 by frederik at remote.org:

> Hi,
>
> On 5/19/21 22:02, Robin Burek wrote:
>
>> For the change from post_office:type to post_office - What do the crowd think about a maproulette challenge?
>>

> Don't. Such MapRoulette challenges are thinly veiled mechanical edits - people will usually just "click through" the suggestions without local knowledge.

I would say that large part of MapRoulette challenges are simply mechanical edit,
wasting precious human time on making harder to revert them.

If human has instructions "change tag X to Y" and does it without any real review then it
falls under https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Automated_Edits_code_of_conduct