[Tagging] Access tags applying to higway=construction and ones that will apply to completed way

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Wed May 26 12:05:22 UTC 2021

On Wed, 26 May 2021 at 06:50, Andrew Harvey <andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I'm trying to imagine a scenario where the road is still under
> construction by bicycle/foot access is allowed?

Me too.  I suspect it's rare enough, and temporary enough (the road will
eventually be completed) that it may be more trouble than it's worth to
try to map the situation.  Maybe if it's a really major cycle route it would
be necessary.

If there is a bicycle lane open but the vehicle traffic part of the road is
> closed, then don't mark the road as under-construction instead set
> motor_vehicle=no

The only problem with this is that it loses the ability to search for
things that
are under construction so a mapper could check if they've been completed.
A fixme could be used, but that just makes the search query more complex.

--
Paul