[Tagging] How to tag small "seating rocks"?

Guillaume Chauvat guillaume at chauvat.eu
Thu May 27 09:30:52 UTC 2021

> sent from a phone
>
>> On 26 May 2021, at 17:57, Stefan Tauner <stefan.tauner at gmx.at> wrote:
>>

>> There is little difference between benches for more than one person and
>> seating options for a single one in the context of street furniture
>> IMHO.
>

> there is significant difference between a bench (seating for several people) and a chair (seating for 1 person). A bench also raises the probability that you can lay down.
>
> Is it a bench? https://www.burford.co.uk/images/detailed/27/Vintage_Farmhouse_Chair_DSC_7703.jpg?t=1555056330 <https://www.burford.co.uk/images/detailed/27/Vintage_Farmhouse_Chair_DSC_7703.jpg?t=1555056330>

Hi,

Categories are fuzzy. How do you call something that looks exactly like a park bench, that's in a park or a street, except it's only wide enough for one person?

Are the ones linked below chairs? Technically they may be, but I intuitively first categorise them as benches, because they look like benches.
The meaning of words can overlap and vary from person to person.

https://c8.alamy.com/comp/KTMK5E/barcelona-single-seat-benches-2017-c-KTMK5E.jpg
https://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/36zaxs/finnish_park_benches_for_one_person/
https://twitter.com/humantransit/status/752021245575790592

Guillaume