[Tagging] Clothes Line Dryer

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Thu May 27 13:53:32 UTC 2021

On Thu, 27 May 2021 at 12:18, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:

Any 'line' would have a frame to keep the line off the ground.

I think we're into differences in English dialects here.  In mine, a
clothes line is stretched between two clothes posts.  If it's not a simple
line, it's not a clothes line.

This includes clothes_dryer=umbrella which to an Australian is a Hills
> Hoist https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hills_Hoist

Would be marketed as a rotary dryer here, or some similar marketing speak.

> And yes they are still called clothes lines in Australia.
We seem to be a bit more mathematically-minded here, in that clothes
lines are one-dimensional.

The only fixed indoor ones I know of are 'drying rooms' where clothes are
> hung to dry (I have hung my tent in some to dry it). 'tumble dryers' as
> above and what I'll call 'drying closets' where cloths are hung in a closet
> like thing and warm air circulated in it to dry cloths.

Here, those closets are airing cupboards.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/attachments/20210527/c6e707b7/attachment-0001.htm>

More information about the Tagging mailing list