[Tagging] How to tag small "seating rocks"?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu May 27 17:40:43 UTC 2021

sent from a phone

> On 27 May 2021, at 19:13, Stefan Tauner <stefan.tauner at gmx.at> wrote:
>
> I won't do it though because of the stubbornness and lack of debating
> culture shown already here but that's what I would propose.

I propose to stick to what we have, describing a bench as a piece of furniture offering seating for several people makes sense to me.
Combinations like amenity=drinking_water, drinking_water=no are not helpful, and benches with capacity=1 tend to fall into the same category.
By the way, there is already a documented tag for a chair: amenity=chair already has twice the usage of “1 person benches” and has a wiki page: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag%3Aamenity%3Dchair

Cheers Martin