[Tagging] shared way between multipolygon building and multipolygon pedestrian

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu May 27 21:51:42 UTC 2021

sent from a phone

> On 27 May 2021, at 07:24, Saeed Hubaishan سعيد حبيشان <hubaishan at outlook.sa> wrote:
>
> Can a way be shared between multipolygon pedestrian and multipolygon building the way will include entrance nodes

while you can do it, and from my understanding it is completely valid, in many routing applications multipolygon highways are ignored (i.e. they don’t even route along the border, likely because they discard are multipolygon relations). It is something that can be solved, but in reality you’ll often get problems because the people building the router forgot to deal with it. Sometimes it is also “not necessary” to have them in the routing graph because there are enough other highways crossing the area.

Cheers Martin