[Tagging] Clothes Line Dryer

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Fri May 28 08:43:09 UTC 2021

On 27/5/21 11:53 pm, Paul Allen wrote:
> On Thu, 27 May 2021 at 12:18, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com
>
>     Any 'line' would have a frame to keep the line off the ground.
>

> I think we're into differences in English dialects here. In mine, a
> clothes line is stretched between two clothes posts.  If it's not a simple
> line, it's not a clothes line.

Any cloths line here has had more than one line, usually more domestic
washing than one line could hold.

>     This includes clothes_dryer=umbrella which to an Australian is a
>     Hills Hoist https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hills_Hoist
>

> Would be marketed as a rotary dryer here, or some similar marketing
> speak.

I like 'rotary' compared to 'umbrella' especially as they do rotate.

>     And yes they are still called clothes lines in Australia.
>
> We seem to be a bit more mathematically-minded here, in that clothes
> lines are one-dimensional.

Mathematics can provide for 3 dimensions .. actually 5 dimensions with
't' for time and the imaginary number 'i' (or 'j' if your electrical and
'i' is taken with current).

>  only fixed indoor ones I know of are 'drying rooms' where clothes are
> hung to dry (I have hung my tent in some to dry it). 'tumble dryers'
> as above and what I'll call 'drying closets' where cloths are hung in
> a closet like thing and warm air circulated in it to dry cloths.
>
> Here, those closets are airing cupboards.
Ok.