[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Approved - Multiple schools on one ground

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat May 29 08:22:05 UTC 2021

sent from a phone

> On 29 May 2021, at 08:16, Robin Burek <robin.burek at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> My meaning it is approved, because it was part of the proposal. (See proposal "The tag amenity=school is approved for tagging only the school (one school = one element).")
> I'm not intended to start a edit war: Your opinions?

IMHO this is an euphemism because the proposal “deprecated” or tried to deprecate mapping schools as areas if there are more than one on the same ground, and you are trying to enforce this in the documentation under the umbrella of one feature=one element. This leads to information loss because you can’t tell the extent of a school when it is only represented by a node.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=One_feature,_one_OSM_element&action=history

Cheers Martin