[Tagging] Clothes Line Dryer

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Mon May 31 08:08:53 UTC 2021

May 31, 2021, 09:43 by 61sundowner at gmail.com:

> On 30/5/21 11:18 pm, Paul Allen wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 30 May 2021 at 09:01, Warin <>> 61sundowner at gmail.com>> >        wrote:
>>

>>> How about man_made=laundry_dryer? Not only clothes that                can be washed and therefore dried so laundry dryer might                be ok.
>>>

>> laundry_dryer sounds good to me, but amenity rather than            man_made.  It
>> is an amenity, after all.  And then subtag it with            laundry_dryer=rotary,
>> laundry_dryer=line, laundry_dryer=tumble, etc.
>>

> I'd think anything 'man made' would be an amenity, otherwise why      make it?

Distinction between amenity and man_made is basically random,
unimportant, of no importance and can be ignored.

In general attempting to establish some grand logic based on key part
of key=value tag is doomed to failure in OSM.

(see natural=water for man made canal, amenity=prison and
landuse=flowerbed, landuse=forest and landuse=grass)