[Tagging] V3 to V4 Mapillary image id migration

osm at poppe.dev osm at poppe.dev
Wed Nov 3 13:01:41 UTC 2021

Hello Peter,

I am almost ashamed that you have to wade through my seemingly sparse description of why objects came to be in the Challenge and thus are questioning what you are overlooking, where in reality I was just shrugging to why MR wouldn't really do as I pleased.

So:

Q1 - yes. If there's a way/node in the Challenge that has no mapillary=* tagging then it is most likely part of a relation where that's the case. When setting up the challenge, I was 99% sure I added the Relations as their own objects and put them into the GeoJSON that's the basis for the Challenge. It might very well be that MR just ignores relations (as it might not know how to display them properly) and add the objects that are part of it (as they are in the GeoJSON as well) or I was just too stupid to deliver the correct data.
Q2 a) If the mapillary-value in the relation is a working one that would seem to be in the correct location, answer the task with "Already Fixed" and supply a comment like "Part of a relation" or something, b) If they key is garbage and you cannot find another 22-char-key as I described before (and correct it that way) I'd go on to removing it alltogether.

I hope this answers more questions than it raises! Have a great day

Kai

On Wed, 3 Nov 2021 12:33:07 +0000 (UTC) Peter Neale nealepb at yahoo.co.uk said