[Tagging] Tagging of food declarations in restaurants

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sat Nov 6 13:29:15 UTC 2021

Hi,

On 11/5/21 21:21, Toggenburger Lukas wrote:
> tl;dr I would like to develop a tagging scheme specifying origin and production methods for food (primarily meat) served in restaurants, as well as some surrounding concepts.

I don't think that this should be captured in OSM. My argument is
essentially the same that I opposed the concepts of "this supermarket
uses green energy" or "this shop accepts the following types of bitcoin"
with - I think that in general this is not geodata, these are business
decisions by the shop and they can change from one day to the next, and
we will not be able to keep track. Therefore, the information will rot.

I acknowledge that we have such kinds of data already - the opening
times, for example, are also a business decision that can change any
time. I just think we shouldn't have more of that ;)

Bye
Frederik