[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - value 'basic_network' for keys 'network:type', 'lcn' and 'lwn'

JochenB JochenB at wolke7.net
Sun Nov 14 17:59:35 UTC 2021

Am 13.11.2021 um 23:17 schrieb Martin Koppenhoefer:
> On 13 Nov 2021, at 21:15, JochenB <JochenB at wolke7.net> wrote:
>> I suggest the following three tags for the nameless connections in the
>> basic network:
>> 'network:type=basic_network'
>> for use at relations of type route
>> 'lcn=basic_network' / 'lwn=basic_network'
>> for temporary use on the ways as long as no route relation has been
>> created yet.
> these tags would be removed as soon as a route relation is created?

Yes.

In the discussion in the German forum it was mentioned that such paths
are often marked with 'lwn=yes' today. It's easy and requires little
effort. They may also be mappers who shy away from the complexity of
relations.

I wrote "temporarily" so that it is clear that it is OK to transfer this
to relations, but it is not so great if someone deletes relations and
writes them back on the paths.

b.R.
Jochen