[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - value 'basic_network' for keys 'network:type', 'lcn' and 'lwn'

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 20:15:39 UTC 2021

To me it looks that the basic cycling "network" consists of the roadways
suitable for bicycles in a certain area. In many cases they carry direction
signs at crossings.
That looks to me similar to the situation roads for cars. Some roads are
much more suitable only for cars, some are suitable for cars and bicycles,
some are exluded for cars (those suitable for foot and cycling). For those
roads we have no dedicated network.
And I not see the need for a network in the bicycle case. After all we talk
of a collection of roadways that share some properties.
Am I missing something?