[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - value 'basic_network' for keys 'network:type', 'lcn' and 'lwn'

stevea steveaOSM at softworkers.com
Mon Nov 15 20:52:48 UTC 2021

As Sebastian asks about "walking networks" (in addition to bicycling), I did not address that a "parallel tagging scheme" such as "hiking_network=*" could very well be proposed to address this.  Especially as the tag cycle_network=* has become so well-established around the world, I would heartily support the (more proper / politically-correct / consensus-based-process that has emerged, that is, with a proposal and voting...) creation of a hiking_network=* tag (proposal).  We could use this in the USA, as there has been some work to better establish hiking trails at regional and national levels here and efforts to better coordinate hiking trails at wider (regional and national, perhaps even international) levels seems to have (somewhat) stalled as of late.