[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - value 'basic_network' for keys 'network:type', 'lcn' and 'lwn'

Peter Elderson pelderson at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 21:05:37 UTC 2021

Maybe my misunderstanding - I thought cycle_network=<ref or code> denotes a
collection of individual routes such as numbered or named routes between
and along deliberately picked locations. So they resemble themed routes,
together covering a certain area with a specific type of routes, where the
main idea is that you pick one route and follow that. Not hard
infrastructure, although the operator would probably call it a network
infrastructure!

As I understand it, the idea here is to tag all the connections between all
the guideposts as route relations. All other higher order routes and
networks could then e.g. re-use these chunks for their own purpose. Is that
the idea? I am still searching for purpose.

Vr gr Peter Elderson