[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - value 'basic_network' for keys 'network:type', 'lcn' and 'lwn'

JochenB JochenB at wolke7.net
Tue Nov 16 00:05:47 UTC 2021

Am 14.11.2021 um 14:59 schrieb Peter Elderson:
> So, named routes / themed routes are regular cycling routes, tagged
> with network=*cn where X=l|r|n|i , and maybe name=*, ref=*, symbol,
> colour. Defined by route-specific symbol markings and name signs all
> along the route.

Yes

> A Node Network route ... These routes are aimed at prescribing a route
> (listing the ways to be travelled), rather than calculating a route
> from A to B as routers do.

It's the same aim in the basic network.

> I don't see a clear definition of starting point, ending point and
> markings for your "basic network".
The proposal does not refer to the entire tagging scheme but only to
this value 'basic_network'.

The simplest possibility is to have a route begin and end where the
network branches, i.e. wherever signposts point in 3 or more directions.
There will be entry junctions, especially at the edge, where the
signpost only points in one direction.

Everything is analogous to the node network, only that the directional
signs are not given by numbers and the nodes do not have a number

> To me, they look like preferential ways, aimed at getting a higher
> weight for a fitting routing profile. Comparable to road classes for
> motor vehicles. Or a sac scale.

No, that's definitely not possible.

The aim is to mark paths that are recommended by official signposts for
cycling. However, these should be distinguishable from the tourist routes.

b.r.
Jochen