[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - value 'basic_network' for keys 'network:type', 'lcn' and 'lwn'

JochenB JochenB at wolke7.net
Tue Nov 16 00:37:19 UTC 2021

Am 15.11.2021 um 22:15 schrieb stevea:
> To repeat: "all route relations in a single cycleway network should be
> tagged with the same cycle_network=* value." That is what it does: it
> "binds" or "ties together" individual route relations into a single
> network, as that (named) network, as a value of cycle_network, is
> attached as a tag to each and every route in the network.
> If that route (the ENTIRETY of it) is ALSO a member of ANOTHER network, add that value to the cycle_network=* tag, separated by a semicolon (;).
>
> These are rather fundamental concepts in how elements of infrastructure (as one entity) and those as members of a route (as another entity) fit into the larger concept of "route networks."  OSM has been doing this for many, many years.  Let's not re-invent the wheel.
I have dealt intensively with this tag and think it is good. But not for
everything at once, only for one application (see
https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=827683#p827683)

So far, the regional assignment in the German basic network has been
tagged with 'ref=*' with values ​​that do not exist outside, e.g. 'ref =
NRW'. I would like to replace that with this schama: 'cycle_network =
end with the federal state, e.g. 'cycle_network=DE:NRW'

This would enable us to establish this tagging in Germany, I would be
very happy.

The network 'cycle_network=DE: NRW' includes both tourist themed routes
and everyday connections with signage. To include this separation here
also overloads the scheme in my opinion.

In this proposal I have limited myself to what is new. What is new is
the distinction between the official routes and the themed routes. I
didn't mention 'cycle_network'. I should have done that. That's what the
discussion is about so that I can still do it.

In the case of node networks, 'network: type=*' is already used
successfully. There, 'network:type=node_network' describes the type of
signposting. Here, too, it is about the type of signposting. So no wheel
is reinvented, but a tried and tested tagging scheme is extended to
other applications.

b.r.
Jochen