[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - value 'basic_network' for keys 'network:type', 'lcn' and 'lwn'

JochenB JochenB at wolke7.net
Fri Nov 19 00:36:39 UTC 2021

Am 16.11.2021 um 02:55 schrieb stevea:
> Still, it seems odd that tagging this rich will likely get used only in Germany; that makes me think that the rest of the world has done something wrong as Germany thinks it is getting it right with a rather technically complex proposal.  Am I the only one who finds this unusual or unsettling:  that "something about our transportation networks" is so highly complex that it is only applicable in one particular part of the world?  Maybe this is an example of a "less developed world" getting a glimpse of a "more developed world" (even as I consider the USA to be relatively well-developed, yet I know we have our serious shortcomings and certain "lack of development" here in the USA).

Well, maybe the Germans want to be perfect and therefore have different
types of signage at once. :)

If there is that outside, it should also be able to exist in OSM. That
might sound complicated, but it is very easy to understand when it comes
to using it for cyclists and hikers.

However, I would like to understand what you find complicated. There is
a single additional tag to differentiate between the two network types.
To do this, an already existing key is changed to a single value. Not more.

I think there will be wherever the government has set up a network for
everyday cycling with signposting, which also has tourist routes.

b.R.
Jochen