[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - value 'basic_network' for keys 'network:type', 'lcn' and 'lwn'

stevea steveaOSM at softworkers.com
Fri Nov 19 01:18:24 UTC 2021

Why can't "the basic network" be explicitly expressed with what I'll call "infrastructure tagging?"

What is it about this / these elements that are "so unique?"

When you say "only problem," it IS a problem, and seems it needs solving.

OK, let's solve it.  That does seem to be what we are "wrangling" about.

Please forgive what might seem like I'm a "cultural nebbish" at understanding this.  That IS the sort of wall you are up against right now.

OK, there is a "network of ways."  I understand that lcn=yes is rendered less now, how is that distinct?

Sounds like there are two (maybe more) "kinds" of routes (including "tourist-oriented").  OK, richen up the proposal to make this clear, and how these might be / are denoted.

I don't like to be pedestrian here, I'm a guy from another country who is trying something on for size and finding the fit kind of "off."  It looks cool to wear, and then the whole world (Europe included) gets the whole cake and with a cherry on top.

The rest of us need to "get this" and we're working on it.  Chewing takes some time.  The recipe might need to be modified to be less chewy.  We're at the earlier stages of digestion here.  OK.