[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - value 'basic_network' for keys 'network:type', 'lcn' and 'lwn'

stevea steveaOSM at softworkers.com
Tue Nov 30 16:51:32 UTC 2021

If signs or something published denotes a route (or even network) as "commuter-oriented" or "tourist-oriented," we might properly denote that in OSM.  I'd consider this "low temperature" data, as has been said here, if it goes from A to B, I might not care whether it's commuter and I'm a tourist or vice versa.

To the best of my knowledge, we don't really have this distinction in the USA, though Minh does correctly point out that we have "bicycle boulevards" and those can "lean towards" being a bit more commuter-friendly, although even that is a stretch.