[Tagging] cyclist profiles - was:Feature Proposal - RFC - value 'basic_network' - cycle_network?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 18:28:50 UTC 2021

Am Di., 30. Nov. 2021 um 19:17 Uhr schrieb Peter Elderson <
pelderson at gmail.com>:

> I think I can safely say you are far from the German situation - but
> Germany has been there,

the Germans (and some other countries) have a huge advantage when it comes
to bicycle networks: freedom to roam. Outside of settlements and fenced off
properties, you can basically go everywhere, legally guaranteed (some
exceptions like strict nature reserves, military areas, fresh plantings,
etc. of course), and fences are rare (and cannot be set up arbitrarily),
and tracks are often public property anyway.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_to_roam

Cheers,
Martin