[Tagging] V3 to V4 Mapillary image id migration

Stephan Knauss osm at stephans-server.de
Sat Oct 16 20:47:19 UTC 2021

Hello Stuart,

On 16.10.2021 18:20, Water-Map wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is a way to map the old V3 mapillary image ids
> to the V4 mapillary image ids ? Or if there is a project to have a bot
> update the V3 mapillary image ids, or at least delete the old invalid ones?
>
> For example:
> https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/3413495243

I am sorry that I can't answer your question. But adding Mapillary image
ids to OSM element tags is nothing I would overly encourage.

Wouldn't it be more appropriate to mention this image ID on the
changeset in which you used the imagery? You can have dozens of images
of an element also on changing dates. So a single tag does not allow to
link it.

Stephan