[Tagging] Tagging Digest, Vol 145, Issue 26 Mapillary

bkil bkil.hu+Aq at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 10:46:14 UTC 2021

This doesn't sound like an on topic tagging question, but let me give
a quick answer. Mapillary (along with Flickr CC, Wikimedia Commons,
Bing Streetside and a few other players) have given OpenStreetMap
permission to use their photos for mapping purposes, while other
street level imagery providers like Google have not.

I don't think that Facebook will revoke this permission anytime soon,
as they are also using OpenStreetMap data. Having federated FOSS
alternatives would still be great, though.