[Tagging] Clinic that does admit inpatients

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Mon Oct 25 09:07:51 UTC 2021

Oct 25, 2021, 07:15 by graemefitz1 at gmail.com:

> On Mon, 25 Oct 2021 at 06:25, Raphael <> dafadllyn at gmail.com> > wrote:
>

>> It would be very helpful to have a tagging scheme for departments of a
>>  hospital (in order to prevent them to be mistagged as amenity=hospital
>>  inside amenity=hospital, amenity=clinic or building=" + name=*).
>>

> Same thing applies to all sorts of buildings / facilities with multiple departments e.g. universities, department stores etc
>

>> What about amenity=hospital_department together with healthcare:speciality=*?
>>

> How about changing that slightly to just amenity=department + department= / department_speciality= / speciality= e.g.
> hospital - paediatrics, orthopaedic
> university - engineering, law
> department store - menswear, lingerie
> etc
> so it could be used for any situation?

That would mean that "show all hospital departments in specific style"
would require listing all possible medical specialties.

Otherwise one would not distinguish it from university departments.

And I expect that it is desirable to render parts of hospital differently
than part of a shop (for example, larger labels when tagged as a node
or in a different colour).