[Tagging] Title of maps (information=map)

Raphael dafadllyn at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 16:41:22 UTC 2021

Hi everyone!

I've just wanted to map a map including its title when i noticed that
the wiki doesn't mention a tag for titles. I would have thought of
`title`, but this tag has only been used 201 times. Instead, 41% of
all maps (more than 34 000) have a `name` tag. This doesn't seem like
a good idea to me as data users will need to convert `name` into
title. (If this isn't done, e.g. searching for a town also finds a map
with the name of the town in its title - which currently happens on
https://www.openstreetmap.org/.)

Is the use of the name tag for titles accepted? Otherwise i'll propose
using `title`.

Best regards

Raphael