[Tagging] creameries

Jez Nicholson jez.nicholson at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 15:47:40 UTC 2021

> We have building=church where the church is not used as a place of
worship any longer, but as a residence, library or restaurant and that's
tagged and seems to be okay. Why not creameries?

Following the discussions I would happily use building=creamery *if* the
architecture of the building is clearly a creamery, to the extent that I
might think, "I really can't call that a 'house' even though people live in
it...plus people might easily mistake it for a creamery"...similar to when
I see a church conversion in Britain. You are tagging the current object.

In the UK some buildings are recognisable as ex-banks because they have
small, high-up windows....but I'm much less likely to confuse it with a
currently operating bank than a church conversion a currently operating
place of worship.