[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - Multiple landuse

Georg georg2016 at nurfuerspam.de
Thu Sep 30 21:58:44 UTC 2021

On 2021-09-29 16:14, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging wrote:

>         2) I am not convinced at all that
>         landuse:secondary=*, landuse:tertiary=*, landuse:quaternary=*
>         is better than overlapping landuses
>
>     there is a difference in semantics though, secondary, tertiary, etc.
>     indicate a hierarchy, while overlapping landuse objects don't.

> With one landuse dominating - map just one.
> With multiple landuse applying clearly at once - map overlapping areas.

Mateusz, as IIRC you're often for a clear definition:

Overlapping areas are not clear as long they are the only approved way
to express mixed landuses. They must be used for "one over the other" as
well as "one mixed with the other" - so shall a renderer draw a small
red area covering a large green area (XORed), or a red & green
chessboard pattern (mixed/ORed)?

In contrast, after approval of the proposal, one polygon carrying both
landuse=residential and landuse:secondary=retail is clearly a mix with
clear precedence, and any case with two overlapping areas will then mean
"XORed/covering".

Cheers, Georg