[Tagging] fix the suggestion for replacement for pipeline=marker into marker=* + subject=pipeline ?

Marc_marc marc_marc at mailo.com
Thu Aug 11 10:01:48 UTC 2022

Hello,

on the talk-fr list, I raised the inconsistency around
the deprecated tag pipeline=marker

this tag contains 2 pieces of information:
- there is a marker
- it is relative to a pipeline

the deprecated tags page proposes to replace it with
- marker=* : it's a marker of this form
- utility=* to describe the user of the pipeline content

although useful to anyone, this second tag is an addition; this
data is not present in the deprecated tag.
and conversely, the information that it is relative to a pipeline
is lost in the suggestion for replacement.

we came to the idea that it would be useful to fix the suggestion
for replacement for pipeline=marker into marker=* + subject=pipeline

What do you think?

Regards,
Marc