[Taginfo-dev] Opensearch info

Jochen Topf jochen at remote.org
Thu Jun 9 17:07:52 BST 2011

On Thu, Jun 09, 2011 at 05:08:15PM +0200, Sarah Hoffmann wrote:
> I got a bugreport from a user that it was not possible to have
> search applets for both, the global and the local Taginfo. The
> reason was that I had forgotten to change the name of the
> opensearch XML description. The other local instances probably
> have the same problem. The relevant lines are around
>
> web/lib/ui/search.rb line 23
> web/views/layout.erb line 10

We are getting more and more places, where the different Taginfo instances
need different settings or even different code. I suggest that we create
a new config.rb in same directory as taginfo.rb and put all the settings in
there. taginfo.rb should then require that file first.

This file would not be in the distribution, just a template for it. So
everybody setting up Taginfo is forced to configure it. And there is no
chance that it gets overwritten when a new version of Taginfo comes out.

That might not be perfect and at some point we might need something better,
but its very easy to implement and "good enough" for the time being.

Any better ideas? Anybody wants to start implementing that?

Jochen