[Taginfo-dev] running my own instance, couple issues

Jochen Topf jochen at remote.org
Mon May 6 21:13:53 UTC 2013

On Mon, May 06, 2013 at 01:33:57PM -0700, Mikel Maron wrote:
> I've setting up http://taginfo.mapkibera.org
>
> Mostly there and running. A couple small issues:
>
> * Popular tags only has one entry (operational_status=operational).
> Based off suggestion on IRC, I modified interesting_tags.sql (http://pastie.org/7810140). Jochen also directly suggested running update_all.sh twice. Still having issues.

Check var/sources/db/interesting_tags.lst . Does it contain all the
keys/tags you think of as interesting?

If I remember correctly "popular tags" is the stuff used for the
tag cloud on the home page while "interesting tags" is used for
the tag combinations stuff.

> * When browsing all keys, has pages and pages of keys with 0 count (http://taginfo.mapkibera.org/keys)
> How can I set TagInfo to only show tags that are actually present in our data?

Keys that are documented in the wiki will show up in that list even if
they don't appear in the data. That's because taginfo is not intended
just as a statistics-showing-application, but supposed to show all
information it can get it's hand on. And it has some more information
about those tags.

As the API call used behind this list already has a filtering function,
it would be pretty easy to add a new filter type. But you would still
need to hack your version of Taginfo to add this filter.

Jochen
--
Jochen Topf  jochen at remote.org  http://www.jochentopf.com/  +49-721-388298