[Taginfo-dev] New taginfo version

Jochen Topf jochen at remote.org
Sun May 18 09:29:45 UTC 2014

Okay, I finished lots of changes and have deployed a new taginfo version
to the main site.

For details of the changes see here:
http://blog.jochentopf.com/2014-05-18-taginfo-updates.html

If you are running you own taginfo site and want to upgrade:
* You have to run the update twice, because taginfo now needs a database
  called "selection.db" for deciding which tag maps to create etc. It
  creates this database itself and then picks it up on the next run.
  The *.lst files, which had a similar purpose, are not used any more.
* There are some new configuration options. Have a look at them and change
  them if needed. Be careful though, sources.master.min_count_for_map
  setting. If you set this too low, tagstats needs a lot of memory.
* The "/compare" page shows the same maps as in the key and tag "Map"
  tabs, but only at a quarter of the size. This works well for the main
  site but depending on the configuration it might not work for you.
  If you run into any problems, speak up here and we'll figure it out.

Jochen
--
Jochen Topf  jochen at remote.org  http://www.jochentopf.com/  +49-721-388298