[Taginfo-dev] Errors starting taginfo webserver on Ubuntu 14.04

Yogesh yogesh at kalike.org
Mon May 18 22:17:24 UTC 2015

> As I know Geofabrik exracts Polygon files  <>  county boundaries (
> admin levels )  ..
>
>     "Please note that these files are not country boundaries but a
>     buffer around countries .. "
>     http://download.geofabrik.de/technical.html
>
> And when I setup hungarian Taginfo server   first time  (
> http://taginfo.openstreetmap.hu/ )
> I have found a lot of  Austrian, Slovakian, Romanian,...  POI -s..
> so I  clipped  ( admin-level)  boundary  with osm-history-splitter.
> ( Osmosis was to slow ,   Now I will use "osmconvert"  ...  )

True, some of the nodes and ways of the neighboring countries are
included in case of simplified polygons.

> >And how did you generate the base map for Nepal.?
>
> I have some experimental scripts,  ( plsql ,python.. )
>    and if you send me your   "country"  - I can generate your  setup
> files ..

I've been trying to set up taginfo instance for my country - India.
Currently testing it here - http://rmsa.karnatakaeducation.org.in.
Tried to make a background map using QGIS, but it didn't quite rightly
fit in the bounding box.

> ( my plan: if I have time .. I will write a tool to generate setup
> scripts for every country .. )

This will be great! Will look forward to it. :)

thanks,
yogi