[Taginfo-dev] Switch to libosmium
jochen at remote.org
Sun Nov 15 13:41:00 UTC 2015
Today taginfo has switched from using the old Osmium library to the new
Libosmium (https://github.com/osmcode/libosmium). This doesn't change any
functionality, but should make the generation of the statistics a bit faster
and brings the code into the 21st century which will make changes easier
in the future.
If you want to upgrade you have to take a few steps:
* Install libosmium. Either use the available Debian/Ubuntu packages if your
version has them or install from github. You can install the library
properly or use the "cxxflags" setting in your config to point to the
place where the include files are. As before with the old Osmium, this is
a header-only library, so no .so files or so to install.
* Libosmium and now taginfo needs C++11, so you'll need a new enough
compiler. GCC 4.8 or clang 3.5 or newer should be okay.
* Look for the "geodistribution" setting in your config. If it is set to
"MmapAnon", set it to "DenseMmapArray" (or "DenseMemArray" on OSX). If it
is set to "SparseTable", set it to "SparseMemArray",
* Recompile the binaries in the `tagstats` directory.
* From here on everything is as usual.
Jochen Topf jochen at remote.org http://www.jochentopf.com/ +49-351-31778688
More information about the Taginfo-dev