[Taginfo-dev] Publishing open source using TagInfo-API

Jochen Topf jochen at remote.org
Mon Mar 2 16:39:54 UTC 2020

Hi Timo!

On Mon, Mar 02, 2020 at 05:28:08PM +0100, Timo Bögner via Taginfo-dev wrote:
> i am planning to publish a written tool as open source. The software
> generates a Java library with known/defined tags and calls the TagInfo-
> API using the URL
> https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/api/4/
> in order to do that. A regular run of the generator executes  round
> about 50 calls to the web service (mainly the key/value interface)
>
> My question: Is it OK for the developers / operators of the official
> TagInfo webservice, if i publish the generator software include the
> calling rest-client as a separate sub-module?

Not sure what you are asking. Publishing software that uses the taginfo
API is certainly okay. And 50 calls to the web service shouldn't be a
problem - unless a lot of people are using that software. So unless you
expect this software to be used by many users you are okay.

Jochen
--
Jochen Topf  jochen at remote.org  https://www.jochentopf.com/  +49-351-31778688