[Talk-africa] OpenStreetMap Africa Meeting

Geoffrey Kateregga kateregga1 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 12:39:23 UTC 2016

Hello Jorieke and everyone,

Here is a summary of the OSM Africa meeting we had last week which was
mainly on organizing a SoTM Africa conference next year.

   - The SoTM Africa Working Group will be meeting once every week starting
   on Monday 17th October, 2016 (everyone here is invited)
   - There will be a general committee and a local committee that will be
   set up after selecting the venue
   - Leading to the meeting next week, more information will be gathtered
   on what is required to organize a SoTM by reaching out to OSMF and other
   communities who have organised a SoTM before
   - We are to check out the events calender for 2017 to select an
   appropriate date
   - A call for venue will be made afterwards
   - More people should be called upon to join the SoTM Working group
   - A wiki page was created for documenting the planning process here
   https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/State_of_the_Map_Africa_2017

This is an open call for anyone would like to join the SoTM Africa Working
Group, if interested please send me a message so I can add you to the list.

Kind regards,

Geoffrey