[Talk-africa] OpenStreetMap Africa Meeting

Geoffrey Kateregga kateregga1 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 16:25:10 UTC 2016

HI everyone, this is a quick reminder for the SoTM Africa 2017 Working
Group meeting.
Everyone here is invited to attend

Our chat is on:
Monday, October 17th, 2016 17:00 hrs GMT
Duration: 1 hour
Meeting place is Mumble - OSM Africa room
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mumble

On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 3:39 PM, Geoffrey Kateregga <kateregga1 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello Jorieke and everyone,
>
> Here is a summary of the OSM Africa meeting we had last week which was
> mainly on organizing a SoTM Africa conference next year.
>
>    - The SoTM Africa Working Group will be meeting once every week
>    starting on Monday 17th October, 2016 (everyone here is invited)
>    - There will be a general committee and a local committee that will be
>    set up after selecting the venue
>    - Leading to the meeting next week, more information will be gathtered
>    on what is required to organize a SoTM by reaching out to OSMF and other
>    communities who have organised a SoTM before
>    - We are to check out the events calender for 2017 to select an
>    appropriate date
>    - A call for venue will be made afterwards
>    - More people should be called upon to join the SoTM Working group
>    - A wiki page was created for documenting the planning process here
>    https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/State_of_the_Map_Africa_2017
>    <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/State_of_the_Map_Africa_2017>
>

> This is an open call for anyone would like to join the SoTM Africa Working
> Group, if interested please send me a message so I can add you to the list.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Geoffrey
>
> On Sun, Oct 9, 2016 at 10:58 PM, Jorieke Vyncke <jorieke.vyncke at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hey Geoffrey,
>>
>> How did the meeting go?  Sorry I could not be there!
>> But pretty interested in what you discussed, did somebody take notes?
>>
>> Greetings, Jorieke

>>> HI everyone, Reminder about our OSM Africa Meeting
>>>
>>> Our chat is on:
>>> Friday, October 8th, 2016 19:00 hrs GMT
>>> Duration: 1 hour
>>>
>>> How to join:
>>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mumble
>>>
>>> Agenda:
>>> 1. Status of OSM Africa and summary of BoF Brussel
>>> 2. Discuss roles of the SoTM Africa organising committee
>>> 3. Call for SotM Africa organizing committee participants
>>> 4. Schedule/timeline of things to do before July 2017
>>> 5. Meeting schedule going forward
>>> 6. AOB and Closure