[Talk-africa] Updated validation paint style for JOSM

Andrew Wiseman andrew_wiseman at apple.com
Thu Dec 20 00:24:54 UTC 2018

Hello talk-africa,

About two years ago myself and my colleague Dylan presented at SOTM-Africa about some tools we were using in our mapping projects, including a paint style for JOSM to help with validation. The tools are linked here: https://github.com/osmlab/appledata/wiki/Mapping-and-Community-Tools-Links-from-SOTM-Africa-2017-Talk

We recently added a few new features to the JOSM paint style for data validation, including highlighting overlapping buildings, roads that aren’t connected to anything else, and dead-end one way streets.

The paint style also highlights overly large buildings, roads that may need to be split, buildings within other buildings, missing layers for bridges or tunnels, and various kinds of potential issues with roundabouts.

The updated paint style, descriptions of what it highlights, and instructions for using it are in the same place as before: https://github.com/osmlab/appledata/wiki/Inline-Validation-Paint-Style-Information

If you are currently using the paint style you may need to refresh your cache in JOSM for the new functions to appear, that information is in the instructions too.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Andrew

Andrew Wiseman |  Maps | andrew_wiseman at apple.com <mailto:andrew_wiseman at apple.com>