[Talk-africa] Voting is under way for a new tag: natural=bare_soil

Michael Montani michael.montani at un.org
Tue Jul 28 14:36:40 UTC 2020

Dear all,

this one is to let you know we are working on the proposal of a feature on landcover mapping in OSM: natural=bare_soil<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Ground>. The feature is already in voting phase here<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Ground#Voting>.

Discussions about this feature have been held in the tagging mailing list here<https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2020-July/053793.html> and here<https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2020-July/053911.html>, as well as in the talk page of the feature proposal<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Proposed_features/Ground>.

We think this feature could be useful to map many arid areas in Africa, so we thought it would be nice to share with you. Feel free to put suggestions in the talk page and vote!

Thanks,

--
Michael Montani
GIS Consultant, Client Solutions Delivery Section

Brindisi | Phone: +39 0831 056985 | Mobile: +39 3297193455 | Intermission: 158 6985
E-mail: michael.montani at un.org<mailto:mail at un.org> | www.ungsc.org<http://www.ungsc.org>