[Talk-africa] Release: Cartographie des itinéraires de bus (Mapping informal bus routes)

Sören Reinecke tilmanreinecke at yahoo.de
Sun Jun 28 12:35:07 UTC 2020

Hello Aftrica,

it is been a long time and I must admit that I "nearly forgot" about
this project but since we do a reorganisation in Trufi Association I
"remembered" you :)

I am happy to announce the release of
https://mapping-bus-routes.readthedocs.io/fr/master/ and some of you
are keen to work on PT mapping projects and to be able to use this
resource. OSM Togo now works with us to enable easier access to public
transportation in their regions. That's why they were so fast in
translating :smiling:

I hope you will benefit from it. I always read the OSM Blog and would
be happy to hear what you do in terms of PT mapping. Take it as an
invite to do PT mapping projects and perhaps to work with us.

----------------------
We - Trufi Association - are dedicated to easier access to public
transportation. We are a non-profit international NGO with our roots in
Bolivia & Germany. We are committed to help cities and regions to run
their own public transport apps. Now we want to help the communities in
Africa.
Communities from Africa helped to bring the French version (
https://mapping-bus-routes.readthedocs.io/fr/master/) of "Mapping
informal bus routes" alive in many different ways. I was really
surprised about the fast translation done by the community of Togo. OSM
Mali and OSM Ghana were very friendly, gave feedback and helped me to
spread the translation project. More people than necessary wanted to
help translating :) It was exciting as always.

Cheers

Sören Reinecke alias Valor Naram