[Talk-africa] [Trufi Association] Translation of bus route mapping documentation

Jean-Marc Liotier jm at liotier.org
Wed May 13 15:01:06 UTC 2020

On 5/12/20 10:40 PM, Sören Reinecke via Talk-africa wrote:
> I am Sören Reinecke from Trufi Association. We help communities in developing countries to organize their public transport (pt) e.g. we work with the community from Accra, Ghana. Aside from providing the pt navigation app and the infrastructure behind it (e.g. OTP server etc.) we also show mappers how to add bus routes to OpenStreetMap ( https://mapping-bus-routes.readthedocs.io/en/master/ ).
>
> My question is: Does your community need a translation into French? If yes, I would set up the translation infrastructure and invite the onces wanting to do the translation work.

Hello Sören. talk-africa at openstreetmap.org is English language only but,
in French-speaking West Africa, the Openstreetmap contributors use
French almost exclusively in their Openstreetmap practice. French
translation proves valuable in including them.

cc: Nathalie Sidibe, from Openstreetmap Mali, who is fluent in English
but very aware of how much French translations are required in her local
community - she can give you the local perspective.