[Talk-africa] State of the Map Africa 2021 call for volunteers and scholarship applications!

Geoffrey Kateregga kateregga1 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 05:55:31 UTC 2021

State of the Map Africa 2021, the regional OpenStreetMap conference that
celebrates the culture of open mapping, open data, GIS, and its impact
across Africa is taking place online from the 19th to the 21st of November
2021 under the theme Leaving no one behind: Emerging from a global pandemic.

Registration is already open for the conference, so don’t miss out on your
free ticket before they run out. We also have supporter tickets available
for $50 and $150 in case you would like to support the conference. *Register
here
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/state-of-the-map-africa-2021-tickets-161656375571>
*now.

Like our theme says, leave no one behind, we don’t want you to miss out on
the conference just because you don’t have internet data to stay connected
for three days to attend the sessions, apply for the internet data
scholarship between $30 - $50 that will allow you to stay connected.
Priority will be given to female mappers but also people from countries
that have little activity on OpenStreetMap to help grow the community to
new places. Apply for the scholarship here
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScddbcFYQiN8roTiH1m3H7sS6ESBa6EKjquAwTvn18VC-IDgA/viewform>
before October 31st.

We are also looking out for volunteers to help as session hosts,
translators, technical support, and info desk assistants, during the
conference. *Sign up here
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSelfdTsXc6HQJhR50i6bL8kKTsHkUXdOBYau4PLskBnHlV_sA/viewform>
*to help out.

We are looking forward to meeting you at the conference come November,
let’s make this happen!

State of the Map Africa 2021 Organizing Committee.