[Talk-asia] mass removal of spontaneous_camp nepal_earthquake_2015 objects

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Tue Feb 23 11:36:13 UTC 2021

Full documentation:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mechanical_Edits/Mateusz_Konieczny_-_bot_account/remove_nepal_earthquake_2015_spontaneous_camp

During mapping in Nepal I encountered

idp:camp_site=spontaneous_camp
damage:event=nepal_earthquake_2015

like https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/341110446/history

It is not possible for me to confirm this as aerial imagery is low
and I have no ability to survey on the ground, but it seems very
likely to me that this data is no longer correct.

This was also confirmed by people from HOT
(see https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/hot/2021-February/015493.html
thread)

See http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/13SO for query that finds about
12 000 of camps from 2015 Nepal earthquake.

Is anyone aware who was using or is still using this data?

Is anyone maintaining this data?

Is anyone aware whatever this objects can now be safely deleted
as outdated? If this objects are no longer existing then this should
be deleted to make mapping new things and updating existing data
easier.

But I want to be sure that I know what I am doing before deleting anything.

Is there a better place to ask this questions? (I already asked on HOT mailing list,
Asia Telegram and got replies that mass deletion is fine)