[Talk-at] in Austria, good experience - thank you!

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Nov 13 16:03:35 UTC 2014

Stefan Tiran wrote:
> The assumption, you could only cross streets at dedicated crossings is
> wrong in Austria.

But tagging sidewalks and crossings as highway=footway gives exactly this
incorrect information to routing applications.

> [1] I assume, it is mostly people who see the world only through the
> front shield of their car.

I do not own a car nor even a driving license.

The routing issue I'm pointing out does not even affect vehicle routing, but
only the "foot" profile. Car owners won't care either way.

        Kevin Kofler