[talk-au] New Members

Brent Easton b.easton at exemail.com.au
Tue Dec 4 03:47:41 GMT 2007

Stuart,

I agree with Ian.

The 60Csx is the unit I would buy if I where buying new now. I have an Etrex legend, which is the entry level unit that you can download maps to. Having maps is MUCH more fun, even on a basic unit like the Legend. These units are tough and designed to be actively used while bushwalking. In the car, I get good result putting it up on the dash.

If you can spare the bucks, I would definitely go for the 60Csx with the SIRF III chips, which are the next generation. It also uses SD cards to expand memory, as opposed to the Legend which has a fixed (and limited) internal memory. The Legend I rate as adequate, but can be badly affected by trees and cloud.

Cheers,
Brent.