[talk-au] gpx editor

Jack Burton jack at saosce.com.au
Thu Dec 6 06:12:07 GMT 2007

On Thu, 2007-12-06 at 10:30 +1030, Kim Hawtin wrote:
> is there a .gpx editor that i can view and clean up the gpx trails before
> uploading to openstreetmap?
>
> ideally i'm looking for an app that will run on linux or even something
> web based...

Try gpsman ( http://www.ncc.up.pt/gpsman/ ). Although GPX is not its
native format, it will happily import/export from/to GPX, and provides
an editing environment of sorts.

You can also use gpsman to acquire track logs from your GPS receiver in
real time, but this does not seem very reliable -- I have found that on
trips of more than a few kilometres, it seems to stop recording,
silently, for no apparent reason.

Regards,

Jack.