[talk-au] 4WD track marking

Matt White mattwhite at iinet.com.au
Mon Dec 24 06:48:43 GMT 2007

What sort of tagging is required to mark a road that is a 4WD only track
(ie high clearance vehicle)? And what should they be marked as highway=
wise - 'unclassified' or 'track'. I've being noodling about in the
Lederderg NP and Wombat SF in Vic, and I've marked out the tracks as
highway=unclassified, surface=unpaved, but there's a pretty big
difference in road quality or lack thereof in some of these tracks. A
lot are easy to do with a 2WD, and for others you need recovery
equipment to get the fourby out of strife. But I've pretty much marked
them all the same currently.

Matt