[talk-au] Introducing myself

David Groom reviews at pacific-rim.net
Tue Jul 24 15:09:14 BST 2007

Just thought I'd introduce myself. I've been involved in OSM since May 2006.

I'm based in The UK, but have been mapping various parts of Australia using
Yahoo and Landsat imagery.

When Potlatch was introduced a few months back I initially wanted an area of
the world without any OSM contributions where I could test it, and if it all
went wrong I could happily delete the whole area and know I wasn't deleting
someone else's work.  Hence my decision to start mapping Darwin.  Things
progressed well, and I eventually found myself completing as much of Darwin
as I could from Yahoo, then doing the Stuart Highway from Darwin to Port
Augusta from tracing Landsat imagery (plus the highway west from the Stuart
Highway to Uluru).  I've also tried to map as much of Cairns & Townsville
using the Yahoo imagery in Potlatch.  (Sadly there's a big cloud over the
centre of Townville in the Yahoo imagery so there is a bit of a gap in the
mapping :) )

David